Sunday, April 18, 2010

UPDATE: More Recent Emails with the SBA Exec. Board

The following are two additional emails that have been exchanged between the SBA Exec. Board and concerned students. If you have not already read the email correspondence, see below first, and then read this post.

4/14/10 From SBA Exec. Board:

Hi Amanda,
I understand your concerns. However, if you change your mind, myself, [the President] and [the Treasurer] will be in the 2nd Floor Conference room today from 4-5. We would be more than happy to meet with you or any other representative from your group and discuss the issues that you have raised. If not all of you can meet at this time, feel free to send one or two representatives who can then report back to the group.

I feel that the only way we can address the concerns that you have raised will be to keep an open dialogue between the students and the SBA. I think meeting with us will be a great opportunity for us to start this dialogue.

Thank you,
[VP]

4/14/10 From Concerned Student:

Hello all,

We were not able to meet today, as I explained in the earlier email, but as I was explaining to [the Treasurer] today, we feel like we've raised all of our concerns in the discussion and dialogue that has gone on so far. I know a lot of us are feeling swamped with finals around the corner and the various events already scheduled for April, so I don't think scheduling a meeting will do much more than allow us to reiterate the questions and concerns that weren't answered in the email exchange.

Furthermore, I think there has been some meaningful dialogue here, and I appreciate your participation. I think a lot of us just want to know more. Realistically, however, this SBA only has a couple of weeks left, and I think some of what we're hoping to set goals to do would be difficult to accomplish in the two weeks before finals.

We have started a petition, though, from the students to the incoming SBA. Hopefully it will raise awareness of some of the issues we've discussed and we can make some progress next year. Here's a link to the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mandateaccountabilitynow/

Thanks again,

[Concerned Student]

No comments:

Post a Comment